Photograph by Rachael Coward
Saturday 6 March 2021
with Rachael Coward
Online workshop via Zoom
Pay what you can
*The recommended ticket price for this workshop is £4.50 per family. If you are in a position to make this donation towards the running costs of the workshop, it is greatly received.
This enables us to offer future workshops and helps to secure the long-term future of Milton Keynes Arts Centre. If you wish to make a smaller donation, you can decide the amount that is right for you from the drop down above.
Join artist Rachael Coward as she shows you how to make your own four seasons tree. Each part of the tree will be decorated to show the changing landscape throughout the year. You will learn some basic printmaking techniques using recycled materials which will help you to decorate your tree with leaves, flowers and textures to complement each season. Assemble your decorated tree shapes to make a tree that is free-standing or a pop up card!
Who is this class suitable for?
Recommended for ages 5+, children must be accompanied by a supervising adult at all times.
Rachael Coward is an artist and curator working across printmaking, book works and installation with an interest in heritage, people and places. She is also an art educator and facilitator, frequently working with young people and families. She currently lives and works in Cornwall.
What you’ll need
- You can use the provided template to help draw your tree outlines, or draw them freehand
- 3x sheets of white A4 card (you can also use the inside of cereal boxes or paper but the thicker the better)
- Brown, green and blue paper (optional)
- Glue stick
- Coloured paints (these can be poster paint or acrylic)
- A paint palette (plastic pot lids or an old plate will work perfectly)
- A selection of things to help make prints; sponges, tin foil, newspaper, cardboard, cotton buds, leaves you have picked up from walks in the park. Have a rummage in your recycling bin and see what things you can find with interesting textures!
- Something to protect your clothes and the table you are working on